Dienstag, 6. Juli 2010

Eclipse Key Scheme – Call for Shortcuts

In order to work efficiently in a development environment, I think you need an environment, which allows you to work exclusive with the keyboard. And you are rarely forced by the environment to switch back to mouse. Therefore in eclipse a cool set of keyboard shortcuts exists e.g. CTRL+1 for quick fix or refactoring rename CRTL+ALT+R. But some functions in eclipse have no default shortcut, for this function I defined always my own shortcuts. But often I forget to share these settings between my different eclipse installations and eclipse workspaces. Since I have some time I would now like to create my own key scheme plugin (see github).

To create a key scheme in eclipse, you must create a new eclipse plugin and use the extension point "org.eclipse.ui.bindings", see the sample plugin.xml below.



If you have any good ideas of missing eclipse shortcuts, feel free to write a comment with the idea thx...